Monday, March 31, 2008

A Genealogical Memoir of the Lo-Lathrop family

2. ROBERT. Cherry Burton.


3. THOMAS, born in Cherry Burton and married (1) Elizabeth (widow) Clark, who was buried in Etton, July 29, 1574. he married (2) Mary, who was buried in Etton, Jan. 6, 1588; and (3) Jane, who after his death became the wife of ------ -- Coppendale.


He removed to Etton, Harthill wapentake, East Riding, Yorkshire, about 1576, and here he died in 1606, having made his will Oct. 5, 1606, which was proved in the following January. The several legacies specified in this will are printed in full. It will be noticed that neither of the sons who were educated is named in the will.


WILL OF THOMAS OF CHERRY BURTON.

1. Jaine, my wieff, lease for 12 yr. for ed. of my younge children whom I give unto her with these legacies.


2. Richard my sonne, if he die, then to my some Mark, and if he be not of age XXI, my sonne to be a tutor unto him.


3. Jane my wieff and Lawrence my sonne, lease of Westwood, leas in territories of Scarbrough.


4. Robart-three kye gatts in Etton.


5. Markes, Lawrence, Joseph, and Bartholomew-moiety of lease of Etton pke or Calf pke.


6. Bartholomew, pte Freehold lande called temple wood.


7. Robart-best horse.


8. Isabel Burne, my daughtr one cowe.


9. Katherine Aket, my daughtr, one cowe.


10. Wm. Wykam, Thos. Wykam, and Jayne Wykam, children to my daughter Audric Wykam, one cowe among them.


11. Robert-my best, bound wayne.


12. Robert, all my freehold land in So. Dalton and Walkinton.


13. Jane, Anne, Isabell, and Elizabeth Akeit, daughters of Wm. Akeit, my son-in- lawe each of them, one ewe.


14. Poore of Etton, Vj,-Viijd.


15. The rest to Jane, my wief, Richard, Lawrence, Marks, Joseph, Bartholomew,


[ Page 18. ]


my sons, and Margaret, Luce, and Jane Lowthorp, my daughters whom I make executors.


Witness. Thos. Cardener, Alexander Lyon, Henry Fenby.


Proved, Jan. 13, 1606-07.


4. JOHN, whose lands in South Dalton on his decease, having no children, came to his elder brother Thomas.


5. LAWRENCE. The will of his mother (1572) makes bequests to his wife Elizabeth and to his two children, Edward and Agnes.


6. MARGARET, who according to her mother's will (1572) was the wife of Robert Hodgeson. The will also gives the names of three of her daughters-Elline, Jane, and Elizabeth.

No comments: